Retail icon Dame Mary Perkins, founder of Specsavers, recently crowned 12 women in the UK as the 2015 Specsavers everywoman in Retail Ambassadors
Held at Claridge’s Hotel in London, the prestigious event saw hundreds of business figures gather to toast the ambassadors for their remarkable work and achievements in the industry.
This Specsavers everywomean programme is fronted by Dame Perkins and supported by a number of forward-thinking organisations that are committed to showcasing the career opportunities retail offers women of all ages.
Dame Perkins commented: “The role of women in retail has never been more pivotal than it is today. Through their hard work and dedication, women in the industry have forged a path into some of the most influential roles in their sector, whether that’s on the shop floor or in the most senior positions, and the results speak for themselves. The 12 ambassadors chosen this year, serve as a shining example of what can be achieved, both to women working in the industry today and to future generations. We congratulate all 12 of them.”
The 2015 Specsavers everywoman in Retail Ambassadors are:
- Negar Bagherzadeh, senior manager business applications, Gap inc, from North London, chosen as the 2015 Retail Ambassador of the Year
- Gillian Baird, store manager, Asda, based in Birmingham
- Lorna Billinge, vice president of global QA and supply chain operations, QVC, from Liverpool
- Clare Blampied, managing director, Sacla UK Limited, from Beaconsfield
- Suzanne Cooper, bakery manager, Greggs the Bakers, from Manchester
- Jill Flood, senior brand manager, Superdrug (A.S. Watson), from West Sussex
- Natasha Leith-Smith, founder & designer, Allumer Jewellery London, from Primrose Hill, London
- Laura Murden, category manager – Tom Tom Sports, Tom Tom, from Islington, London
- Emma Pacey, senior buying manager – Toys, Asda, from Leeds
- Sally Preston, founder and managing director, The Kids Food Company Ltd, from Amersham, Bucks
- Clare Standage, category manager – Cycle Accessories, Halfords, from Birmingham
- Helen Webb, director of HR, food retail, The Co-operative Food, from Ilkley, West Yorkshire.