Small Business Saturday is to launch a month-long nationwide roadshow tour next month to support small businesses across the UK. Kicking off on Monday 1 November, The Tour will visit 20 UK towns and cities with a fleet of eco vehicles, delivering online and in-person support to local entrepreneurs. Activities will include virtual workshops, webinars and mentoring on a range of small business topics alongside in-store visits and live streamed interviews with local businesses.
Setting off from the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, destinations include Manchester, Belfast, Cardiff, and Edinburgh as well as coastal towns like Whitley Bay and rural Hereford.
“We are so excited to get back on the road with this new Tour and put the spotlight on fantastic small businesses and their communities, as well as opening up skills and networking opportunities to millions of entrepreneurs using a new hybrid format,” says Michelle Ovens, CBE, director of Small Business Saturday.
“Running The Tour in an environmentally conscious way is incredibly important to us, and in doing so we hope to encourage small businesses to take the leap and pledge to go Net Zero.”
Chris Sims, BT’s managing director for its SoHo (Single/Small office, Home office) unit, comments: “Despite the hugely tough period small businesses have endured across the UK, we have seen many businesses embrace new ways of working and a shift towards digital. The Tour is a fantastic initiative to reach out and support small businesses with the digital skills they need as they look to scale up in key areas such as digital marketing and sustainability, and we are delighted to be supporting it again this year.”
Starting on 1 November, The Tour will be on the road for a month, finishing in London shortly ahead of Small Business Saturday on 4 December.
Now in its ninth year in the UK, Small Business Saturday is a grassroots, non-commercial campaign, which celebrates small business success and encourages consumers to ‘shop local’ and to support businesses in their communities.
Last year Small Business Saturday achieved record-breaking success and saw an estimated £1.1 billion spent with small businesses across the UK on the day, according to research from American Express, the campaign’s founder and principal supporter in the UK.
To get involved in The Tour and book one-to-one mentoring sessions visit the ‘My Business Section’ on the Small Business Saturday website.
The Small Business Saturday tour dates and locations:
- Monday 1stNovember Glasgow
- Tuesday 2ndNovember Glasgow
- Wednesday 3rdNovember Edinburgh
- Thursday 4thNovember Kilmarnock
- Friday 5thNovember Belfast
- Monday 8thNovember Whitley Bay
- Tuesday 9thNovember Northallerton
- Wednesday 10thNovember Grimsby
- Thursday 11thNovember Manchester
- Friday 12thNovember Colwyn Bay
- Monday 15thNovember Derby
- Tuesday 16thNovember Birmingham
- Wednesday 17thNovember Hereford
- Thursday 18thNovember Cardiff
- Friday 19thNovember Plymouth
- Monday 22ndNovember Southampton
- Tuesday 23rdNovember Brighton
- Wednesday 24thNovember Margate
- Thursday 25thNovember Leighton Buzzard
- Friday 26thNovember Cambridge
- Monday 29thNovember London
- Tuesday 30thNovember London
- Wednesday 1stDecember London